Steps to Follow: Funeral Home and Cremations in Wilmington, DE
We are the leading provider of funeral, cremation, and memorial services in Wilmington, DE and nearby areas. Bennie Smith Funeral Home is a locally owned and operated funeral home since 1982 and has served the community with quality service. Our experienced staff will be available to offer a helping hand in creating a memorable and lasting tribute for your loved one. Our state-of-the-art facility provides banquet halls, reception areas, well-appointed chapels, full kitchens & more that promote healing and serenity. Give us a call today at (302) 655-2219 for all your funeral, cremation, and memorial service needs.
Do you feel like it’s overwhelming and complicated to design end-of-life services for someone that you love? Yes, it can be a challenge to face these decisions when you are working through grief and loss. But you don’t have to work through these challenges without support. Choosing a reputable funeral planning staff ensures that you have support for everything you require. Contact us when you are ready to get started with funeral home and cremation services in Wilmington, DE.
Our experienced staff has many years of industry experience. We understand what you are going through during this difficult time. When you choose our funeral home, we’ll walk you through every detail that needs to be addressed – from burial to honoring life and more.
Through this carefully designed funeral planning process, we’ll walk you through each detail that needs to be addressed. Since we’ve helped so many families with funeral planning, we know the best approach to ensure quality results for each event. Not only does our staff listen to your requests, but we are happy to answer your questions about available services.
Beginning the Planning: Funeral Home and Cremations in Wilmington, DE
Where should you start when you need to start planning a funeral? It’s as simple as picking up the phone to call our team. With this phone call, you will engage the services of a compassionate funeral planning staff. Our thorough knowledge about the industry ensures that you will receive full support every step of the way.
Families usually start the funeral planning process in one of these circumstances:
- Immediate Care is Required: If a loved one passes away without a funeral plan in place, then you will need to start at the beginning. Contact us without delay so we can guide the most important decisions that will need to happen in upcoming days. It doesn’t matter if the death was sudden or expected; we can help with immediate funeral planning. We’ll walk you through the possibilities to ensure these services are a great fit for the unique preferences of your loved ones.
- Funeral Preplanning for Self: Another option is when a person wants to prepare funeral services for the future. If you have specific requests for the event, then our team can record these details, so they are ready when the event is scheduled. We’re happy to talk to you about the options for future services. The benefit of preplanning is that you can remove the most difficult decisions from your family after you are gone.
- Preplanning for a Loved One: There are times when families reach out to us because they know that funeral services will soon come for a loved one. If you have a family member who is sick, then it can be helpful to begin the funeral planning process as soon as possible. The earlier you start, the more input you will be able to receive from the loved one. This process helps you dial in some of the most important decisions, so you can reduce the stress after the funeral date is finalized.
It doesn’t matter if you want to talk about preplanning, or you need immediate care. We are always here to assist! Rest assured knowing that our team is committed to providing the full support you need in all stages of funeral design.
Choosing a Resting Place
One important decision you need to address for funeral home and cremations in Wilmington, DE, is where the person will be laid to rest. Do you have a local cemetery and burial plot? Then we can coordinate services when it’s time to work with the cemetery. Or, our funeral planning team can assist in helping you find the right location for burial.
Another possibility is to plan a cremation as an alternative to burial. Cremated ashes can be buried in a cemetery if you desire. There are many other options you can choose after cremation:
- Plant a tree in honor of the deceased
- Scatter the ashes in a memorial garden
- Visit a favorite family vacation spot to scatter the ashes
- Place the ashes in a beautiful urn that will be kept in your home
Remember that this resting place is a location that you will visit time and time again. Think about your preferences in the future. Families often want a convenient location and beautiful setting where they can lay a loved one to rest.
Custom Planning for Funeral Services
One of the reasons why you should choose our funeral planning team is because we offer every family a customized experience. We know that traditions and cultural ceremonies can be an important part of this process. Our staff provides the hands-on support you need to ensure that you receive quality services for funeral home and cremations in Wilmington, DE.
Funeral Home and Cremations FAQs
Why should I plan my funeral?
You and your family can have peace of mind by planning your own funeral or memorial service. Your family will have fewer tough and hard decisions to make during a difficult emotional time if you let them know how you want your funeral or memorial ceremony to go. Learn more about funeral pre-planning.
Does a funeral help with grief?
Funerals provide an opportunity for bereaved people to say their final goodbyes and lament with their loved ones. People tell stories, cry, console one another, offer support, and so on. This grieving process in the community is a crucial step toward healing. It ensures that people do not feel alone in their suffering. Learn more about grief support.
How do you personalize a funeral?
- Make a list of unusual memorial ideas.
- Invite your guests to take something home with them.
- Consider your photo display options.
- Invite your guests to take something home with them.
- Consider a Floral Spray with Your Name on It.
- Consider thinking beyond the box.
- Funeral Flowers can be used to create a permanent memorial.
- Invite your guests to share a memory with you.
- Learn more about personalizing your funeral.