Tips You Need: Funeral Home and Cremations in Millsboro, DE
Bennie Smith Funeral Home is a funeral and cremation service provider in Millsboro, DE and surrounding areas. We've been caring for families from all walks of life for over 35 years. Each family comes to us because they know we are industry leaders, committed to providing exceptional service, and have the highest integrity. Our compassionate and dedicated staff will always be available to guide you throughout the funeral or cremation process. They will provide their expertise and offer a helping hand during your most difficult time. Call us today at (302) 934-9019 for all your funeral and cremation needs.
When you are designing a funeral service, it can be both stressful and overwhelming for the family. This event needs to honor the person you are remembering. It’s a time to share memories and details that you can cherish for years to come. Additionally, you need to create a service that cares for the needs of friends and families in attendance. When you are ready to get started, we’re here to help. Our team is here to offer everything you require for funeral home and cremations in Millsboro, DE.
Scheduling a consultation is the first step. Through this process, you can talk to us about your preferences and traditions. Then, we will help you in creating a day that will always be remembered.
FUNERAL PLANNING DETAILS
When you are beginning the funeral planning process, you’ll find that there are many choices to navigate during this time. As you learn more about the industry and services, you can be empowered in selecting the services that will be the right fit for your family. We have a streamlined funeral planning process that covers the two most important details of your plan:
1. Honoring the Deceased: How would you like to celebrate the person’s life? One option is to coordinate a traditional funeral service that carries forward the ceremonies you’ve shared in previous generations. Another solution is to schedule an informal gathering and modern services. The most critical element is that you have a dedicated time when family and friends can meet together. We’ll help you book an event as desired, such as a memorial, funeral, or celebration of life.
2. Physical Remains: Another important decision is about how the person will be laid to rest. Is there a specific place or method that should be used for this portion of the services? We offer a variety of solutions for your family. One possibility is a graveside service and cemetery burial. Cremation is another possibility if you’d like to have more flexibility in the location of this final resting place.
Designing the funeral is an important process,
so you can include the essential details to honor your loved one. Our caring
funeral planning staff dedicates the time that you need to work through the
possibilities. We’ll answer your questions and talk about the various
possibilities. We make it easy to navigate these decisions, giving you full
support every step of the way.
Funeral Home and Cremations in Millsboro, DE
What are the right services for your family? As you are preparing for the event, it can be helpful to talk to a funeral planning staff about the possibilities. We’ll explain how each service works and what is included in the available funeral packages. Rest assured knowing that we promise a personalized experience for every family.
Here are some of the things we can talk about during your consultation:
- Traditional or Modern: Do you prefer a formal, traditional service? This type of event can be held in our funeral home or a local chapel. Or, you might want to design a modern, unique service – such as a life celebration or outdoor memorial.
- Location: Choosing a venue is an essential step that will influence the experience of everyone in attendance. Consider whether you’d like an indoor or outdoor service. Talk to us so we can help you find the meeting space for the size of the group you are anticipating.
- Program: It can be comforting to share stories, music, and readings during the funeral services. This program should highlight the unique personality of your loved one. Invite family members and friends to participate so you can make it a group experience.
- Remains: Consider your options for the location where the remains will be laid to rest. Families often choose a nearby cemetery for burial. Or, you might decide the scattering of cremated ashes is a better fit for your preferences.
- Administration: Not only do you need to coordinate services for an event, but paperwork needs to be handled behind the scenes. We offer the hands-on support you need to navigate the administrative details for end-of-life services.
When you choose our team for funeral home and cremations planning in Millsboro, DE, you’ll see that we are committed to your family. You can get started by reaching out to us for a consultation about available services.
Quality, Personalized Funeral Planning Care
Ultimately, the most important funeral planning element is to ensure that attendees have the opportunity to say goodbye to the deceased. Create an event that helps people share memories and find closure. The venue, program, and other details of the event will contribute to the overall experience.
If you’d like to talk to us about preplanning or immediate planning, then reach out for a consultation. We’re here to help with funeral home and cremations services in Millsboro, DE.
Funeral Home and Cremations FAQs
Why should we have a public viewing?
There are a variety of reasons to look
at the departed. Viewing is a component of many cultural and ethnic traditions,
and many grief experts believe that it improves the grieving process by
allowing the bereaved to acknowledge the fact of death. Children are even
encouraged to watch as long as it is their desire, and the process is
thoroughly explained. Know more about funeral viewing.
What is the difference between a coffin and a casket?
The shape of the container is the most significant distinction. A coffin, unlike a casket, has six sides and is wider at the top than it is at the bottom. The container is tapered to fit the contours of a human body. Coffins are usually made of wood and have a cloth interior, similar to that of a casket. Learn more about funeral caskets.
What size of cremation urn do I need?
One cubic inch of urn capacity is necessary for every pound of human weight, according to industry standards. For example, a person weighing 150 pounds will require a cremation urn with a capacity of at least 150 cubic inches. Know more about cremation urns.